From The Culinary Center of Kansas City’s
Avocado and Roasted Corn Salad with Cumin Dressing
When summer is in full swing and corn is at its height of sweetness and flavor, this salad shines! Make sure the avocados are ripe and buttery. Served with fresh bread, summertime eating doesn’t get any better!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups golden corn, fresh or frozen (do not thaw)
- 2 medium avocados (ripe, but firm), peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- Fresh hot chili pepper (such as jalapeño or seranno), finely diced
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well to blend. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a small baking sheet, roast corn until fragrant and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. In a medium bowl, combine corn with avocados, bell pepper and hot pepper. Add dressing and toss very gently, just to cover. Serve on a bed of baby lettuces; garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Makes 4 servings