Lettuce wraps are ‘trending’ now, and these pork tacos are certainly a good explanation why they’re all the craze. These flavorful pork tacos will be the hit of your game party! Enjoy and… Go Royals!
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into ¼- to 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 8 butter lettuce leaves (about 1 large head)
- 2 avocados, peeled, sliced
Heat a large dry skillet over high heat. When hot, add oil. Season both sides of the pork with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and sear until lightly browned, medium well temperature. Remove from pan and place in a bowl.
In the same skillet, add the onions and jalapeno pepper; sauté until just tender. Add broth and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 more minutes, scraping pan sides and bottom to loosen any browned bits. Return pork and juices to pan. Stir in lime juice.
To serve, top each lettuce leaf with equal portions of the pork; then top with fresh cilantro and avocado.