Experience is the driving force underlying our entire business model at The Culinary Center of Kansas City. We’ve applied it to our creative approach to cooking instruction and interactive cooking events for almost 22 years, so it’s high time we apply this same philosophy to our reinvented Kitchen Shop™. (Hey, we haven’t been here for that long because we’re boring!)
It’s important that our customers know exactly who we are when they walk through our doorway. Heck, we want you to get that drift when you drive or walk by, as well. But coming into the Kitchen Shop, you’ll quickly realize it’s more than just that >> it’s a Kitchen Shop Experience.
Feel, smell, touch, learn, taste and EXPERIENCE a whole new approach to a culinary arts center retail store.
- STEP INTO OUR KITCHENS and you’ll know that we do things a bit differently around here. We don’t know how to approach anything cooking-related without providing that little bit of value-add that you won’t find anywhere else. We promise that you’ll “feel” different when you’re here.
- INTERACT at culinary education stations where you’ll pick up tips and immerse yourself into the world of ingredients, cooking techniques and functional tools. People, let’s get real. Reading about it or watching it on your iPad is one thing… actually smelling, tasting and touching is another.
- WATCH live cooking demonstrations on Downtown Overland Park’s Farmers Market days (Saturdays and Wednesdays)
- SHARPEN your knives and up your game on your mad knife skills with a visit to one of our Edge Doctors™. We’ll have one of these knife gurus in ‘da house on Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., however feel free to drop your knives off for sharpening anytime and we will ALWAYS be able to talk knives with you.
- MEET our Vegetable Butcher™ on Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. – Noon, where she’ll wash and cut your newly-purchased produce on our ‘front porch’… all the while entertaining you with her mad cooking wisdom. Yup, she can tell you what to do with that strange fruit you just purchased or how to secretly sneak veggies into your kids’ food.
- TASTE dishes from our Dinners on Demand™ freezers and make those “What’s for Dinner?” blues go away. (Ditch the drive-thru!)
- SIP wine and other amazing beverages while you shop, err… EXPERIENCE our new digs. Because shopping is always more fun that way, right?
- EXPLORE carefully curated, unique and sometimes irreverent culinary gifts, gadgets, wearable finds and equipment. You’ll always find new and interesting items that we have brought into the house for your cooking support… or for the support of someone you love who cooks. (If we don’t believe in it, we don’t sell it!)
- PICK UP recipes that we are happy to share. (Folks, we don’t keep secrets here.)
- BE INSPIRED while you watch live food art painting by local artists or as you study the original food art on our walls. In particular, check out the original art by Mario Garcia in our windows depicting our Vegetable Butcher (aka CCKC Chef Jill Garcia Schmidt)
- WALK across the street from the OP Farmers Market on Saturdays or Wednesdays and make a trip to our experience destination a regularr ‘thang’.
- DISCOVER Local Makers and sample products by local artisans, made right here in the KC area. (#ShopSmall #ShopLocal)
- PARTY with us every 3rd Friday at our LOCAL LIFE celebrations, where you’ll always be assured to hear live local musicians, watch live food painting by local artists and get free tastings of food and drink. Heck, it’s a party around here most ANY day, really.
- ASK our Gadget Gurus for cooking advice. Or for that matter, give us YOUR cooking advice. We love to hear your stories, even the one about your grandma’s cheeseball recipe. Hello… we’re a culinary arts center. We love all things food.
- If all this isn’t enough, then come for just the SMELLS! They are intoxicating.
- COME SEE what a culinary arts center experience should be.