Enjoy this Meatless Monday recipe…
- 1 egg
- 5 to 8 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- Â¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Â¼ to 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked al dentÃ© and drained
- Â¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Fresh coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
In a blender or food processor, add the egg, garlic, butter, parmesan cheese & basil. Blend until smooth. Place the spaghetti in a large bowl or pan. Add the garlic cheese paste along with the parsley and pepper. Toss well. Serve immediately. Makes 2-4 servings
Etc. Pass red pepper flakes, vegetarian bacon bits, additional parmesan cheese and pepper at the table. A rule of thumb for substituting fresh herbs for dried : use twice the amount of fresh herbs.
The garlic and the egg are raw. Donâ€™t be faint-hearted about this or the amount of garlic, or youâ€™ll miss one of the best dishes know to manâ€¦.or woman! Hereâ€™s how it works: as the butter melts it cooks the egg ever so slightly and melts the cheese. An indescribably heavenly amalgamation takes place. Can you imagine this with hand-made pasta?