- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup radish, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander / cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- salt and pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
1. Bring quinoa and water to boil, cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 mins. Let quinoa cool to room temperature, then transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Mix the garlic and scallions thoroughly with the quinoa and add the remaining chopped herbs and vegetables. Stir in the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Finally, mix in the olives and season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Add feta cheese if desired.
3. Set aside for at least 30 mins before serving to allow the flavors to develop and blend.