- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb green beans, end trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 2 ears white or yellow corn, shucked, kernels removed
- 1/2 lb frozen BABY lima beans
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp.+ chopped fresh basil
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey and red onion. Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. In a medium sauce pan bring 2 ½ quarts of water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and green beans and boil for 1 minute. Add lima beans and corn and cook for 5 more minutes or until tender. Drain in colander, rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to serving bowl and pour dressing over vegetables. Toss and coat evenly, add basil and toss gently, adding more salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
This is best made one day ahead of serving. If made ahead, take out of refrigerator and let set out for a few minutes. Add basil just before serving.