This classic Italian salad was a natural fit with our mostaccioli with meat sauce and fresh parmesan cheese at Tuesday Lunch. Serve it at your next dinner party to wow your crowd.
Rich and Charlieâ€™s Salad
- 1/3 small red onion, grated
- 4 ounces pimento, chopped
- Â¾ cup olive oil
- Â½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 cup medium red onion, sliced
- Â¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
For the dressing, in 2-cup jar add the onion, pimento, oil, vinegar and garlic. Shake well and refrigerate. (Will keep for up to 6 weeks.)
For the salad, break iceberg and Romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place in large bowl. Add hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, onions and cheese. Gently toss to mix. Pour dressing to taste over salad and chill for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings