Impress your tailgate guests when you tell them you made your own steak rub! Enjoy and… Go Royals!
- ¼ cup ancho chile powder
- ¼ cup finely ground dark coffee
- 2 tablespoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chile de arbol powder
- 4 (10-ounce) steaks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
In a bowl add ancho chile powder, coffee, paprika, brown sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, coriander, oregano, ginger, and chile de arbol powder. Stir to combine. Season one side of each steak with 1 tablespoon of the rub and set aside.
In a large sauté pan heat oil over high heat until just starting to smoke. Place the steaks in the pan, rub-side down, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until a crust has formed. Reduce heat to medium and turn the steaks over. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until medium-rare doneness. Remove from pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.