We have some fabulous folks working with us as part of our team here at The Culinary Center of Kansas City, and we love to introduce them to you. So, we profile some of these extraordinary employees in our Kitchen Talk blog. Now, we’d like you to get to know our Concierge Culinario Heather Minor is the focus of this month’s Employee Spotlight.
If you’ve been to The Culinary Center of Kansas City in Downtown Overland Park, either for a cooking class or a private event or Tuesday Lunch… whatever!, you probably recognize our Spotlight Employee, Heather DeFeo Minor.
As our Concierge Culinario (our fancy Italian version of ‘Front of the House Manager’), Heather not only facilitates our classes, private and off-site catering events and Tuesday Lunches, she also schedules and trains all of our class facilitators and runs our volunteer program.
The girl bleeds purple (i.e. BIG K-State fan!), and walked away from there with a degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management. Heather was a manager at Figlios on The Country Club Plaza for years, where she worked for our own Chef/Instructor Richard McPeake, who was at the time Director of the HRG restaurant group. Richard mentioned the fabulous Heather to our CCKC ‘Main Dish’, owner Laura Laiben, and long-story-short, Heather eventually ended up working for The Culinary Center.
You’d be hard-pressed to spot Heather on a day when she’s not upbeat and ready to talk. She’s a hilarious person, and always has a funny story to share. She and husband Mike have been married for 16 years (after dating for just a month and getting engaged on April Fools’ Day!) They have two precocious and beautiful girls, ages 8 and 12.
What else is there to tell about Heather?
Well, here are some other tidbits we love.
- grew up here in the KC metro and has lived here pretty much her whole life.
- enjoys being super-active with her girls’ school and other mom-activities.
- loves roller-skating and drive-in movies.
- travels to Seagrove Beach, FL each summer with her family.
- claims eggs are her favorite food.
- is a passionate fan of Worlds of Fun.
- got a pop-up camper for free from a friend, and plans to spend some quality time in it soon with family and friends!