This week’s Tuesday Lunch menu was accompanied by this Cheesy Corn Casserole, and it’s a favorite around here!Â We think it will become one at your house too. Give it a try…
Oh, and if you’re not in the mood to make it yourself, but would love to try it, our chefs made a few extra for our Dinners on Demandâ„¢ freezers. Stop by The Kitchen Shop at The Culinary Center of Kansas Cityâ„¢ to pick one up.
Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Cooking spray, for baking dish
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 375Â°. Coat an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add the egg whites, yogurt, fresh corn, creamed corn, muffin mix, and pepper.Â Stir until combined well. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Makes 16 servings.