Try these delicious treats that we served at our open-to-the-public Staff Lunch this week. You can also purchase a quart of the cookie dough frozen in our Dinners on Demand freezers. Talk about a simple and yummy treat to have around the house!!
Oatmeal Ginger Pear Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup pears, fresh, chopped (or dried)
- 1 cup Craisins
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl add flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
In a large electric mixer bowl add butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add oats, pears, and Craisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Place in oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets; then remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Click here for the recipe for the Quiche we served at this lunch…