Many of you have seen Farmer Steve out in front of The Culinary Center of Kansas City selling his awesome produce.Â We are happy to announce that we have partnered with him to offerÂ our new “Farm to Kitchen” CSA Program to our valued Culinary Center of Kansas City customers. (CSA = Community Supported Agriculture).Â
Here’s how it works.Â Each Friday throughout the growing season, youÂ pick up a hearty box of Farmer Steveâ€™s local organic produce, which will also contain a recipe from us that relates to some of the produce you will be receiving. (Click here to download a calendar that shows what you can expect in your box each week.)Â Can you imagine having produce in your kitchen that was hand-picked and delivered straight from the farm to us within the last 24 hours AND a recipe that shows you a great way to use it?Â Yep, it’s true. Believe it!Â
You willÂ even find some special treats from us here at The Culinary Center of Kansas City in your boxes each week too!Â Or maybe even from our neighbors here in Downtown Overland Park.Â Hey, it takes a village to help you learn to cook with your produce!
The first Farm to Kitchen CSA pick-up date is July 17.Â Then continue to pick up each Friday throughÂ Oct 30.Â Â
Other important information about our “Farm to Kitchen” CSA Program:
- Your registration includes a market bag that you’ll receive when you pick up your first order.
- BONUS!Â The first 25 people who registerÂ will each receive two complimentary tickets to the Rio Theater, one of our neighbors here in Downtown Overland Park.Â Â (value: $17. Must be used before Sept. 15, 2015.)Â (Thank you, Rio Theater!)
- Pick up each Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at our â€œback doorâ€ on Foster Street in Downtown Overland Park (under the teal awning).Â Not to worry though… if you can’t make it then, Farmer Steve will be at our “front door” from 2 to 6 p.m. that same day with his “Friday Fresh Harvest Market”…just like he does each week … and you can pick it up from him there.Â (All produce not picked up by 6 p.m. will be donated to those in need.Â Sorry, we can’t hold your produce for a later pick-up time.)
- Each registration entitles you to attend a free fall visit and tour of the farm where your produce comes from. Â More details on that later.
- Cost:Â $39+tax per week; all remaining weeks payable at registration.