Still searching for the perfect gift for a 9-14 year old in your life?Â Â Here’s a unique idea that will be a much-loved gift (and one that could benefit you also once they start cooking for you!)Â Get them a membership in the Junior Chefs Academy at The Culinary Center of Kansas City!
While kids between the ages of 9 and 14 can take any of our JCA cooking classes regardless whether they are a ‘member’, membership does have its benefits!Â The one-time membership fee of $100 gets your Junior Chef:
- an official Chefâ€™s JacketÂ to wear proudly in your classes at The Culinary Center or to cook at home for your friends and family. (You may have your childâ€™s name or nickname embroidered on this jacket for a small additional fee. Child-size jacket included with membership; slight upcharge for an adult-size jacket.)
- a certificate of membership in the Junior Chefs Academy.
- specialÂ coupons, discounts and culinary events throughout the year for JCA members.
- a monthly email with JCAÂ Recipe of the Month, designed specifically for young chefs.
- a special pin for each Junior Chef course completedÂ to add to their Chefâ€™s Jacket.
- a 10% discount in our Kitchen Shop any time (excludes classes, gift certificates or Dinners on Demandâ„¢.)
Students attend our Junior Chefs Academy classes on their own, but we do offer some of our JCA classes with an Adult/Child Option. This means that parents, grandparents or other adults can also register for seats in the class to attend with their young chefs.
We are adding new JCA classes to our schedule all the time. Check out our latest list!