We’re back in action hosting cooking classes, booking teambuildings and rockin’ the gadgets in our Kitchen Shop. If you listen hard enough, you’ll probably hear us hoopin’ and a-hollerin’ all the way from Downtown Overland Park. We missed the smells, the food, the laughter and YOU!
Check our schedule for a host of ONSITE and ONLINE classes. We want you to feel comfortable and confident as you celebrate the magic that happens in our kitchens. So here’s the deal… Nothing has changed in our approach to sanitation or your safety when you’re with us for a class, a teambuilding, private event or to shop in our Kitchen Shop. We’ve always followed the rules… and always will. But our ‘new normal’ will include a bit of a change in protocol and set-up in our kitchens.
Here’s what you can expect:
- For your safety and the safety of our staff – and in conjunction with state mandate – we ask that you wear a mask when inside The Culinary Center of Kansas City.
- Social-distance seating is a no-brainer. We will ensure seating leaves a safe 6-foot space between you and your fellow students. Here’s a peek at one of our teaching kitchens.
- Regarding our on-site classes, participation by a student or guest in any class that offers participation, is elective, as always.
- If you sign up for a class with a friend or family member, we’ll assume you want to sit with them (not 6+ feet away). If there is someone else in the class who signed up separately but with whom you feel comfortable sharing a table, please note it when registering for the class.
- Disposable silverware will be provided in separate sealed packets, as an option for using to taste any items in class.
- Staff will continue to follow all safety and sanitizing procedures, as always. Class and event facilitators and volunteers will wear masks and gloves. Instructors will wear masks and gloves except when they are behind the teaching island, leading the class.
- Hand-washing stations are available throughout the CCKC, as always.
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be available on each table.
- We encourage students to follow additional safety procedures that make them feel comfortable. Masks are currently a must. Gloves are optional for students. Bring your own apron, if you like. Whatever makes you feel the highest level of confidence.
- We will, as always, clean and sanitize our kitchens between uses.
- We are controlling the total number of shoppers at a time in The Kitchen Shop.
We thank you for supporting this small business as we maneuver the challenges during this ‘not so delicious’ time.
See you in our kitchens soon!
‘The Main Dish’